1. Our Commitment
Forge Risk is committed to ensure we protect the privacy and security of all personal information we hold. This notice sets out the basis of
why and how we deal any personal information we may hold. This notice sets out:
- Who we are
- The legal basis for holding your information
- What information we may hold
- How we use your information
- Your rights
- How to complain
2. Who We Are
Forge Risk is the trading name of Resicum Ltd (Company Number: 10739538). We can be contacted at:
3. The Legal Basis for Holding Your Information
For new contacts and communications we will always aim to actively seek your consent to hold your information. We may also hold your information and contact you in accordance with any express or implied conditions set out in contracts. If the law requires us to, we may collect and process your information and we may also need to pass your information onto a third party if required by law.
For existing clients and contacts, we hold basic information in accordance with a Legitimate Interest as listed in Article 6(1)(f). (See ICO – Legitimate Interest ). Due to the low risk nature of the information we hold, Forge Risk are confident that we demonstrate compliance with the accountability obligations under Articles 5(2) and 24. This conclusion is supported in most cases by our risk assessments and the application of ICO’s three-part test (Purpose: Necessity: Balancing) which has taken into account that:
- We do not share or sell your data with any 3 rd party
- We hold no financial information of you or your company, except where specifically stated within a contract
- We hold no personally sensitive information (e.g. medical information)
- We operate no online registrations platform where personal information may be collected
4. What Information We May Hold
In most cases the personal information we hold has been collected by previous and/or continuing personal and professional contacts.
This is typically limited to:
- Your Name
- Your Job Role/ Title
- The name of Your Employer
- Your e-mail(s)
- Your telephone/mobile number(s)
We may occasionally collect new or additional personal information. This could include:
- Your date of birth
- Any visits to our website
- Completing a booking form to purchase a service
- Engaging with us on social media
- Any request by you about a product or service
5. How We Use Your Information
We will primarily use your information to keep you informed of any updates of our products and services and to notify you about our articles and newsletters. We may record details of any device you have used to access our services including details of the browser or IP address. We may also record your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication.
We may also use your personal information to:
- Verify your identity
- Carry out surveys or market research
- Manage customer service interactions with you
6. Your Rights
We will not retain your information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice. You have the right to update
personal information or let us know the personal information we hold is incorrect. You may do so by contacting us at the contact details
above (Section 2.)
You also have the right to request we stop all communications at any time by e-mailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have a right to:
- Know about how we protect your personal information
- Unsubscribe from any newsletters, marketing or services where we rely on your consent for holding your personal information. We will ensure you are unsubscribed as soon as practicable
- Request we restrict our use of your personal information
- Request we delete your personal information, unless we have reasonable grounds to refuse to delete your personal information
- Request access to the personal information that we hold about you
We will comply with all requests as soon as practicable and in any event, we will comply within 30 days of receipt, save for exceptional circumstances.
If a breach is likely to result in a risk to your information rights and freedoms, we will notify you as soon as practicable and we may also report it to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational measures are carried out to safeguard the information we collect from you and protect against unlawful access and accidental loss or damage. These measures may include:
- Protecting our servers and data using suitable hardware and software firewalls and virus protection
- When necessary, disposing or deleting your information in secure manner
- Regularly backing up all the information we hold
If you have any concerns or complaints about the way your information is being handled, or with the response received from us you can make a complaint to:
If you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to refer the matter to the Information Commissioner, who can be contacted at: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/.